Okay so I became sold on the idea of buggy running quite a few years back now and way before I started up www.runningbuggies.com.
I feel it's my duty (not in a military serving kind of way, we aren't that serious) to spread the word about this amazing activity which will make your life much easier.
- It's the ultimate way to multitask. Exercising, baby napping, mail posted, milk bought and I could go on)
- Dads can earn brownie points by taking the little one out for a run and giving mum a break. (Big fans of this)
- When you consider the cost of a crèche at the gym, the buggy option is much cheaper, working out at about £2.35 per run (one a week for 3 years and the cost of the buggy dependent obvs.)
- Fresh air rocks. Makes you feel better and makes baby feel better. It's true what your mother used to tell you.
- Sunlight... As above rocks. Vitamin D is essential for life and those happiness hormones we need a boost of when sleep deprived.
- You get to hang out with your favourite little dude and chat about wildlife, nature and trips to the park mid run.
- You are setting the perfect example to your children about staying fit and exercising as a team. You are their superhero role model and remember they learn by watching.... (Your every move... Insert evil laugh here)
- Forget running buggies as a 2nd buggy, many models (Terrain, Thule) have carry cots, car seat adapters or lie flat options making them suitable from birth becoming the very serious sounding 'travel system'.
- Running buggies hold good value and as running is super popular the re-sale market for 2nd hand ones is booming.
- Buggy running it makes you faster and stronger! Pushing a load no matter how small is harder than not so obviously this means when you run buggy-less you feel like you can fly!
Insert R.Kelly music here .... I believe I can fly....
Happy Buggy Running!